Q: What happened to the Pocket PC / Windows Mobile
- It was pulled from the market due to compatibility
problems with Windows Mobile 5. If it is working fine
for you on your device, you may continue to play it, but
we have decied to stop selling new copies.
Q: The game has stumped me! Where can I get
- You can find complete documentation for Dragon
- You can ask questions or search for answers to
puzzles by joining or browsing the Dragon Bane II
Dragon Bane II Forum
Q: I'm still stuck -- now what?
- If you have tried the above sources and
did not receive any replies to your post on the DB2 forum linked above after waiting a reasonable amount of time, feel free to email us:
Q: I think I may have found a bug. What should I do?
- If it's possible that the "bug" is just a problem you're having solving a puzzle or some confusion about the interface, please post a message to the Dragon Bane II Yahoo message forum, linked above.
- If the bug occurs while playing any third party adventure (anything other than Return Of Kra'an, by MythoLogical Software), then email your bug report to the person who created that adventure.
- If you're pretty sure that the bug is a problem with the Dragon Bane II game itself, please report the bug to us at:
Be sure to include:
- A complete description of the bug, including exactly what actions you took just before the bug occurred.
- What platform you are using (Palm, PocketPC, etc), what version of the Dragon Bane II game you have, what device you are running on, what adventure you are playing, how much free memory you have, and whether you are running from main memory or an expansion card.
- If you have a savegame that demonstrates the bug, please email it to us. First, hotsync your device (your save games are all backed up each time you sync). Second, find your savegame file on your desktop computer in something like: C:\Palm\UserID\Backup\Drg2Save*.pdb. Third, attach that file to your email and be sure to let us know which save game slot to look at and what to look for there.
Q: How do I create my own adventures for Dragon Bane II?
Our free Dragon Bane II Adventure Construction Kit (DB2ACK) includes all the tools, data, and documentation you will need to create your own adventures. The DB2ACK is powerful and flexible enough to allow you to simply re-use existing Return of Kra'an data and create new maps, or you may create entire new adventures complete with new monsters, spells, objects, walls, and even game interface. The DB2ACK is available on our website's download page. For questions about using the DB2ACK, please visit the Dragon Bane II Forum:
Q: Will you make DB2ACK available for the Mac?
- MythoLogical Software will not be supporting the Mac, but if you read the Support and Tools Development Appendix in the DB2ACK documentation, you'll see that we would be willing to cooperate with any developer who is interested in either porting the tools to other platforms or adding features to the tools. We actually made an attempt to port to the Mac ourselves, and were able to port a few of the programs over, but we had trouble porting the mapedit program because of its dependency on the "curses" library.
Q: I have explored the demo as far as I can, but it seems like there is nothing more I can do and there are no more monsters. What should I do?
- The demo includes three levels: New Treleon, The Wilderness, and Cellar 1. The game does not generate encounters with monsters 5 or more levels below your party (because you have scared them off and they would not be a challenge to you). To find more monsters, you will have to proceed to more difficult areas, and to do that, you will have to purchase an unlock key.
Q: I placed an order, but have not received my unlock key yet. When can I get my unlock key?
- If you ordered from our eSellerate linked from our website, you should receive your unlock key from them automatically, upon completion of your order.
- Otherwise, we recommend that you purchase your unlock key before you finish the demo because the registration process can take some time. We automatically email unlock keys to users within seconds of receiving batch sales reports from other online distributors. But depending on the time of day that you order and the time the distributor emails us their batch sales report, the process can take minutes or even a day. On some occasions (usually during holidays), it has taken them longer than a day to email us their batch sales reports, so if it has been longer than 24 hours since your order, please email us to request an unlock key. Be sure to include the email address you used when ordering, the date you placed the order, the name of the online distributor where you purchased from, and your RegCode.
Q: Can I run Dragon Bane II from a memory card?
- Yes, however, there is not much advantage,
because of the way the PalmOS works with memory
cards. Everything will have to be copied into main
memory when Dragon Bane II is run, so you will
still need to have 700k-1300k free in your
main memory, and there will be a delay at startup.
If you still want to run it from a card, make sure
all 4 files are in the same directory, so the OS
can find them when it needs to copy them into
Note: If you don't have enough memory free
when you run it, the OS does not complain when it
tries to copy the data files in, they just don't
copy in. So it may still run, but complain of
missing data files. Make more memory free by moving
other things to the card too.
Q: How can I play on my HandSpring Treo - there
are no silkscreen keys on that device to access the
party view and overhead map.
LapTopHack ($14.95) allows you to configure those keys so you can play Dragon Bane 1 or 2 on the Treo
- MythoLogical included a special Treo
fix that allows users to access those screens with
the 'm' (map view) and 'p' (party view) keys in
Dragon Bane II V1.0.3
Q: Dragon Bane II crashes on my Handspring Prism
with the error "../Src/BlitterWindow.c,Line:1243,
unlock out of sync ? addresses reset too soon"
This is an incompatibility introduced by a patch
to the Handspring OS. Please get the latest
version of the OS here:
Handspring Updates Web Site
Q: The display looks a little fuzzy.
- For grayscale devices, try adjusting your
contrast. See the manual that came with your device
if you need help finding the contrast control.
- On some devices, like the HandSpring Visor or
other PalmOS 3.1 or 3.3 devices, you may see wavy
lines running through the graphics. This is a
problem inherent to the device, and not to Dragon
Bane II. There are programs such as DisplayHack
designed to help compensate for this problem.
- If combat messages are difficult to read when
they scroll by, you can adjust the speed by pressing
the up/down keys while they scroll by or going to
the "Preferences" menu option. If the combat
messages look fuzzy, even at slow speed, go to the
"Preferences" menu and uncheck "Smooth combat
Q: I have a Macintosh, and I am unable to install
Dragon Bane II
- Some Macintosh unzip programs are known to have
trouble with zip files. You should try to find
a newer unzip program.
Q: I had to hard reset my device or I let my
batteries run out and lost all my data and need to
re-install Dragon Bane II.
- First, Download, unzip, and re-install the
latest version of Dragon Bane II on your handheld.
- Your save games should all be backed up on your
desktop computer in your handheld backup directory
(for example, "C:\Palm\UserName\Backup). Look for
and install all files similar to
- After re-installing your save games, you will
need to run Dragon Bane II on your device and
re-license the game by entering your 5 digit unlock
key. If you have lost your unlock key, see
Q: I lost my unlock key, can I get another?
- Sure! To get a replacement unlock key, please
send us your Name, Email address, the retailler
(online or otherwise) where you purchased your
unlock key, your RegCode, and the approximate date
when you purchased it. We will lookup your
information in our database and email you a new
key. Our response time can vary; it usually takes
a few hours, but could take several days. For that
reason, we recommend that you save your unlock key
in a safe place.
- You can find your RegCode by running the game,
and tapping the "Menu" silkscreen key. From there,
tap the "License" button and your RegCode will be
printed there (i.e.
- After you receive your unlock key, return to
the license screen to enter it, and the game will
remain permanently unlocked. You will need to
re-enter the key again if you lose all the data on
your device and need to re-install all the
Q: Who did your wonderful art on the website?
- The dragon artwork on our homepage was licensed
from Ed Beard Jr, Destini
Productions, Inc. Destini Productions has many
high quality fantasy prints available from its