- Q: When attempting to launch WizardWorld, the device does a soft reset and I get the error message: "Unsigned Application".Answer: Be sure you have installed DevAccess2.0.prc and run it and double check that "Access Enabled" is checked. Note that after a soft reset, you must reset the checkbox.
- Q: When attempting to launch WizardWorld, I get a Fatal Alert: "X-Forge/Palm, Line:0, Can't open CFL file!".Answer: WizardWorld cannot locate the data file. Please review step 2 of the installation instructions, above, and be sure to double check your spelling and capitalization of the "PALM\Programs\WizardWorld-XFww" directory, and be sure your CFL file is under that directory.
- Q: I finished the demo, now what do I do? Answer: The WizardWorld demo has one playable level. After finishing that, you will need to enter an unlock key to play the other 98 levels.
- Q: I think I found a bug, what do I do?Answer: This FAQ will keep a list of known issues at the bottom. Please check the list, and if your issue is not there, please email us at email@example.com. In order to address any bugs, we'll have to know exactly how to reproduce it, so please include detailed error messages, a level number, and the exact steps necessary to reproduce the problem
- Q: Who did the art and music for the game? Answer: Art was done by Carl Kidwell (studio-erebus.com). The musical score, Obitus, was composed by Carsten Jessen (vgmusic.de)
- Q: The gameplay seems slow to me. Answer: When developing a game that requires performance, developers generally try to make the game somewhat playable on current hardware, but optimize for what users are expected to have when the game is released. When the game was started in early 2004, we expected there to be faster hardware available, but unfortunately, Tapwave went out of business and Fathammer stopped licensing for other platforms. Nevertheless, we did our best to make the game playable on the Zodiac by providing graphics settings and optimizations. You can experiment with graphics and music to find the best combination that suits your speed/visuals appeal.
- Q: Can I run the game off an SD card? Palm OS cannot run an application off an SD card, however you may store it there, and launch from there. Palm OS should automatically copy the application to main memory each time you run it, and clean up after it's done. So be sure you havethe ~700k in main memory plus the ~6.4M free space when you run.
Known issues (V1.0.0):
- There is a case where the game crashes when starting a new level. It has not been reproducible, but may have to do with changing graphics modes.
- It's possible that beaming (IR) or sending the game to another device (bluetooth) may not cause the game to be installed properly. The one case we've tried it, the game would not run, producing a mysterious fatal error. Simply hotsyncing the game using the Palm Install Tool, however, has always worked.